Thinking of buying a high performing winch? If so, then you should consider having Smittybilt X2O 98512. Apart from having good strength, this device comes with some of the most desirable and powerful features.
The X2O Waterproof Winch range from Smittybilt has a few features that put it apart from other series marked by the brand.
Each model has been enhanced in such a manner to increase the performance and provide a hassle-free operation.
In this review, we are going to discuss Smittybilt X2O (98512) Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch. We have previusly discuss Smittybilt (98510) X2O.
Key Features – Smittybilt X2O (98512):
- Pull your way to solid ground with a Smittybilt Gen2 X20 12 Winch
- 12,000 lbs of single line pulling capability is ideal for rock-crawling through any terrain
- Wire the remote control directly to the winch or unplug it for hassle-free wireless operation
- Boosted power & quick line speed from the 6.6 hp amphibious motor & optimized 3-stage planetary gear system
- Waterproof IP68-rating can withstand being fully submersed for up to 30 minutes
- Innovative 500 amp solenoid can to be mounted in two versatile locations to fit your specific set-up
- Smittybilt’s Dynamic Braking System reduces drum temps for long-term performance
- Includes UV-resistant matte black finish,
- All stainless steel hardware & oversized aluminum cross bars
- Smittybilt Gen2 X20 12 Winch is backed by a Lifetime Mechanical Warranty and 5-year electrical warranty
Pros and Cons:
- Comes with a wireless remote
- Enhanced durability
- It has a lightweight
- Plenty of mounting options
- Has a powerful motor
- Completely waterproof
- Includes a strong synthetic rope
- Comes with a lifetime warranty and 5-year electrical warranty
- In certain situations, the mounting plate needs fixing
- Some people could find trouble installing it
BUY NOW AT AMAZON
Smittybilt X2O (98512) Features Overview:
The new Smittybilt X2O Winches have been enhanced in almost every area for increased performance and trouble free operation. Every X2O winch features a Series Wound 6.6 HP motor that is completely sealed, as well as a 3-Stage Planetary Gear System. The X2O line features a completely waterproof 500 AMP solenoid pack that can be mounted in 2 different locations, depending on your application needs.
In addition, they also include a new controller that can be wired to the winch or unplugged for trouble-free wireless operation. The X2O also features optimized gear ratios that deliver lightning-fast line speeds. If you”re looking for something more versatile, check out the X2O Comp Series, which includes all of the features and benefits of the original series, and adds a synthetic winch rope. And finally, all X2O winches are covered by the Smittybilt Lifetime Warranty, providing peace of mind as well as unparalled performance. With all of these features, you can count on the X2O winch to be there every time, in every situation.
12,000 Pounds of Power. When you need to give something a serious tug the Smittybilt Gen2 12,000 lb. X20 Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Control is an excellent choice. It has a rated line pull of 12,000 lbs. leaving you confident you’ll be able to put a dent in whatever job you need to take on.
Battery Run and Remote Controlled:
This winch performs on a 650CCA battery or better and is controlled by remote. If you prefer to attach the remote directly to the unit that’s also an option.
- Waterproofing: IP68 Rating
- Rated Line Pull: 12,000 lbs. (5,454kgs) Single Line
- Motor: 6.6hp Series Wound
- Control: Remote Switch, 12′ (3.7m) lead
- Gear Train: 3-Stage Planetary
- Gear Ratio: 265.1:1
- Clutch: Sliding Ring Gear
- Brake: Automatic Out-Of-Drum
- Drum Size: Diameter 2.5″
- Rope Type: Synthetic Rope
- Rope Size: 98.5′ x 3/8″
- Fairlead: Hawse Competition Aluminum
- Remote Control: Integrated Wireless Remote
- Recommended Battery: 650CCA minimum for winching
- Battery Leads: 22mm2, 72″ (1.83m)
- Finish: Textured Black
- Weight: 99.0 lbs. (45.0Kgs)
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10.0″ x 4.50″
- Overall Dimensions: 22.3″x5.4″x9.4″ (L x W x H)
- Mechanical Warranty: Lifetime
- Electrical Warranty: 5 years
- Brand: Smittybilt
- Winch Type: Electric
- Line Type: Synthetic
- Remote Control: Wireless
- Rated Line Pull: 10000-12000 lbs
- Recommended Use: Jeep
- Fairlead Type: hawse
- Line Length: 75′-100′
- (1) Smittybilt X20-12 Gen2 Waterproof Winch – 12,000 lbs.
- (1) 98.5″ x 3/8″ Synthetic Rope
- (1) Hawse Fairlead – Competition Aluminum
- (1) Forged Hook
- (1) Wireless Remote Control
Installing the Smittybilt X20 12,000 lb. winch is straightforward. Installation instructions are provided. It’s strongly recommended to thoroughly read the instructions and gather all your parts and tools prior to installation. This unit is wireless. A minimum of a 650CCA battery is recommended. The mounting bolt pattern is 10.0″ x 4.5″.
Who Should Use It?
With a strength capacity of 12000lbs, this tow winch has the capability of pulling SUVs, towed vehicles and heavy trucks. If you are a frequent user of these vehicles then you should consider having this winch.
This is a great winch. No need to break the bank with name recognition. Installed this on an 08 JKU Wrangler and is great. The build quality is excellent, very simple to install and the wireless function is a must. This winch as a lot of features for the money and is well made. It is perfect use for your jeep.
BUY NOW AT AMAZON